Symposia Abstract Submissions
Symposia are thematically organized sessions that will be held during the main portion of the conference. Symposia sessions will include 15-minute presentations by up to 5 individual speakers that offer unique perspectives on a specific central theme, followed by a moderated scientific exchange involving the audience. Topics broadly related to the electrophysiology and kinesiology of movement control, or the following meeting themes will be considered.
The Call for Symposia proposals is now open.
Note: Symposium leaders for accepted proposals will be required to submit an online form that includes the author, title, and abstract for each talk within the symposium.
The deadline to submit your symposia abstract is December 1, 2019.
To submit a proposal, please read and adhere to the submission guidelines below:
- Prepare to enter the contact name, affiliation/institution name, email address and short biography (2000 characters including spaces maximum – approx. 300 words) for each of the symposia presenters. Please note: all symposium presenters must be ISEK members in good standing
- Prepare a symposium title (max 225 character limit including spaces – approximately 40 words)
- You will be asked to provide a summary on page 1. This is a short description of your symposium. A more detailed general abstract summary is required on page 4.
Required Submission Questions
- Include the name and affiliation of your symposium Chair, along with a short biography 2000 characters including spaces maximum (approx. 300 words)
- Provide a brief description of the topic, and justify why the proposed topic is novel, contentious, or highly relevant for discussion. 2000 characters including spaces maximum (approx. 300 words)
- Provide a brief description of how each speaker will offer a unique approach/perspective to the proposed topic. Please include each speaker name
(If accepted, each symposia presenter will be required to submit an individual abstract for their presentation by the general submission deadline of January 30, 2020)
- Provide a brief outline of the proposed format for a moderated, interactive scientific exchange with the audience, which follows on from the individual presentations. 2000 characters including spaces maximum (approx. 300 words)
- Indicate who will be the moderator of this exchange
- Within the 1-hour symposium, you will be required to indicate how much time will be used for the Symposium introduction, individual speaker presentations, and moderated, interactive scientific exchange
General abstract Summary
- Prepare a general abstract summary of the proposed symposium (max 2000 character limit including spaces- approximately 300 words). If selected, this summary will be included in the Congress proceedings. Note: speakers included in successful proposals, will be invited to submit individual abstracts for their specific presentations within the symposium by no later than January 30, 2020
Submission is now open
- AI & IoT
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Electrical Myostimulation
- Modelling and Signal Processing
- Motor Control
- Motor Disorders
- Motor Units
- Muscle Synergy
- Neuromuscular Imaging
- Sensing & Sensors
- Sports Sciences and Motor Performance