Symposia Abstract Submissions
Symposia are thematically organized sessions that will be held during the main portion of the conference.
Symposia sessions will include 15-minute presentations by up to 5 individual speakers that offer unique perspectives on a specific central theme, followed by a moderated scientific exchange involving the audience. Topics broadly related to the electrophysiology and kinesiology of movement control, or the following meeting themes will be considered.
Symposia submissions – CLOSED
Note: Authors in accepted symposia proposals will be required to submit an online form that includes the authors, title, and abstract for each talk within the symposium following notification of acceptance.
The deadline to submit your symposia abstract is November 1, 2023.
To submit a proposal, please read and adhere to the submission guidelines below:
- Prepare to enter the contact name, affiliation/institution name, and email address for each of the symposia presenters. Please note: the symposium organizer must be an ISEK member in good standing
- Prepare a symposium title (max 255 character limit including spaces – approximately 40 words)
- x1 Keyword to describe the main theme/topic of your submission
- General abstract summary (see below for more details)
- Indicate who will be the moderator of this exchange
General abstract Summary
- Prepare a general abstract summary of the proposed symposium (max 3000 character limit including spaces- approximately 500 words). This abstract will be reviewed for inclusion in the program and must include:
- Background, aims, and relevance
- Justification for why the proposed topic is novel
- Brief outline of the proposed format for a moderated, interactive scientific exchange with the audience
Editing your submission:
Please note that once you officially submit your abstract you can no longer make any edits. It is therefore advised that you save your abstract in a draft format until you are confident that all amendments / changes have been carried out.
(If accepted, each symposium presenter will be required to submit an individual abstract for their presentation by the general submission deadline of December 18, 2023)
New submission system
Important note: ISEK has transitioned to a new submission software system. If you have attended ISEK or been an active member in the past, it is likely your basic details have been added to the new system. Please click on the above link and follow the prompt to reset your password. If you receive a password reset email, you can go ahead and login using your new password. If you are not in the new system, please create an account before submitting.
It is recommended that submitters do not wait until the last day to submit and that submitters ensure they have access in advance.
- AI, Data Fusion, and Machine Learning
- Brain Imaging
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Electrical Myostimulation
- Modelling and Signal Processing
- Motor Control and Motor Learning
- Motor Disorders
- Motor Units
- Muscle Synergy
- Neuromuscular Imaging
- Robotic Rehabilitation
- Sports Sciences and Motor Performance
- Wearable Sensors & IoT
- Other (you many enter a theme manually)