Pre-conference Workshops are different from symposia and oral scientific presentations, in that they provide a teaching opportunity, allowing participants to acquire or extend their skills, learn about new techniques or technologies, or gain in-depth knowledge in a particular topic related to the measurement of physical behaviour.
The Call for Pre-Congress Workshop proposals is now open.
The deadline to submit a proposal for a pre-congress workshop is December 15, 2019
Workshop proposal guidelines:
Workshops will be either 90 minutes, 2 hours, or 4 hours in length, and will be scheduled either in the morning (8:00am – 9:30am, 10:00am – 12:00pm, or 8:00am – 12:00pm with a break), or afternoon (1:00 pm – 3:00pm) and take place on Saturday, July 11.
Pre-conference Workshop organizers must be a current member of ISEK and register for ISEK 2020. Companies that wish to organize a pre-conference workshop must be an official sponsor of the Congress.
Proposals will be reviewed and selected by members of the Scientific Committee based on:
a) relevance to the measurement of physical behaviour
b) potential learning experience, and
c) likelihood to appeal to a wide audience of ISEK members.
Workshop Submission Requirements:
Workshop proposals must contain the following information using the online submission form:
- Workshop title
- Names and contact information of the workshop organizer(s)
- Workshop goals and objectives
- Takeaway skill, knowledge or material that attendees will acquire (if applicable)
- Names and affiliations of workshop presenters
- 100 word presentation description from each presenter
- Proposed format of the workshop
- Any Conflicts of Interest must be declared during the submission process
- Special requirements for audio-visual needs or materials
Submission opens on October 1, 2019