Individual Oral and Poster Submissions
Submitting an Abstract
You will be asked to enter a username and password to access the abstract submission form. You will receive your username and password upon registering for your ISEK membership. If you do not become a member, you can create a user profile using the link below.
Individual (oral and poster) submissions are invited in the following subject areas (themes):
- MOTOR CONTROL
- REHABILITATION & REHABILITATION TECHNOLOGIES
- MODELLING & SIGNAL PROCESSING
- SENSING TECHNOLOGIES
- MOTOR DISORDERS
- MOTOR PERFORMANCE & SPORTS SCIENCE
Individual Submission Guidelines
- If you become an ISEK member before submission, your registration fee will be reduced by as much as $100 – click here to become a member today!
- Select a Presentation Theme that most closely describes your presentation (Oral, Poster, Either). If you submit a proposal for an oral and are unsuccessful, you may have the opportunity to present a poster.
- Prepare to enter your contact name, affiliation/institution name and email address.
- Prepare an abstract title (max 225 character limit, including spaces).
- Prepare the abstract (max 3000 character limit, including spaces – approximately 500 words).
- Submit the abstract via ISEK’s online abstract management system. Please note, when submitting the abstract cut and paste it from a text editor (ie. notepad, wordpad) to ensure it does not include underlying formatting that may cause errors.
All individual oral presentations will be 15 minutes in total: 10-12 minutes for presenting research 3-5 minutes of questions and discussion There will 2 be two co-chairs in each meeting room to ensure presentation times are kept within the above limit. The meeting room will be equipped with:
- Projector and screen (please use standard 4:3 ratio slides)
- Lectern microphone
- Laser pointer
*Please make sure to test your presentation at least 30 minutes in advance of your talk, to ensure that all slides/images/videos are working properly.
There is a designated poster session each day, with two opportunities for authors to present their poster each day. In addition to this session, all lunches and refreshment breaks will be held in the poster hall, to facilitate more time for posters. We ask that you attend these sessions to maximize your presentation time during the conference.
- Keep text to a minimum & ensure text is in large font
- Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
- Ensure contents have a logical flow
- Make it colourful
Removal of posters at the end of the display period is the responsibility of the author(s). Posters not removed by the deadline will be removed and disposed of by meeting staff.
The maximum size for your poster is 120cm x 120 cm (approximately 4ft x 4ft)